IGM clients seek maintenance services for a variety of reasons, but we pride ourselves on offering stability that allows them to control, often reduce, and plan their budgets. In contracting with municipally-owned Chicopee Country Club, IGM Regional Manager Tyler Minamyer said, “Our goal was – and is – to protect the City’s assets and investment.” During the initial contract period, IGM focused on:
- improving the course’s agronomics,
- implementing maintenance practices to achieve healthy turf, and
- developing and implementing a five-year capital plan.
The capital plan was designed to extend the life of equipment and tools and to allow accurate budget planning. Included were:
- a new irrigation system to ensure better water efficiency;
- improvements to the maintenance facilities; and
- purchase of new mowers to increase the quality of cut and playing surface, as well as provide better fuel efficiency with less repair work.
The investment has paid off, as Chicopee saw revenues increase by 4.8% after year one and 9.0% after year two, according to course director Mike O’Neill. “They got this golf course to be one of the best-maintained municipal courses in the area.”
After seeing dramatic improvements at Chicopee Country Club over three years, the Chicopee City Council and Golf Commission recently renewed their maintenance contract with IGM, based on the cost savings and course improvements they achieved.